He set a spider on fire. But the spider got even


By Don Sweeney

A do-it-yourself extermination gone off the rails Sunday ended up ousting residents from a California apartment.

A man set fire to a spider in the Redding apartment with a torch lighter, reported The Record Searchlight.

“It was a huge wolf spider,” Lyndsey Wisegarver, a caregiver for one of the tenants, told the publication. The flaming arachnid scuttled onto a mattress in an upstairs bedroom, setting it abalze as well, she said. The tenants extinguished that fire, but by then it had spread to a flag collection and window curtains.

By the time firefighters arrived around noon, the blaze had spread to a closet as well. Firefighters ended up extinguishing the blaze, which caused about $11,000 in damage and rendered the townhouse uninhabitable, Battlion Chief Rob Pitt told KRCR. There were no injuries, except to the spider.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article193608114.html#storylink=cpy