For example: animal births, giant pizzas, and the rare political win, to name a few.
1. A cat took the only good selfie.
2. Fiona the Hippo, America’s greatest asset, was born.
3. This tweet:
4. A cat named Pooh was fitted with bionic legs to help him walk again.
5. A monastery adopted a pup.
6. A sassy child crashed her dad’s BBC interview.
7. A high-energy dog named Olly face-planted midway through competition.
8. Pepsi swiftly pulled that Kendall Jenner fake protest ad.
9. A Turkish Airlines crew helped a woman give birth mid-flight.
10. After months of anxious waiting, livestream phenomenon April the Giraffe gave birth to a son.
11. Teens supported one another (literally) through finals week.
12. Harry Styles wore a beautiful pink suit during a performance on the Today show.
13. Jimmy Carter took time to shake hands with everyone on his flight.
14. A pit bull became the mayor of Rabbit Hash, Kentucky.
15. A dog named Storm rescued a fawn from drowning in the Long Island Sound.
16. Beyoncé had twins!
17. Maxine Waters reclaimed her time.
18. An Australian rescued a kangaroo from a trench.
19. We stepped outside to witness the first total solar eclipse visible from North America since 1979.
20. Dogs rescued from shelters aided in Hurricane Harvey relief.
21. The following exchange happened on Twitter:
Those Who Can Must Take a DREAMER In2 Their Home & Protect Them‼️I’m Ready 2 Do This & 🙏🏻Others in MY BUSINESS WILL DO THE SAME‼️SANCTUARY
— Cher (@cher) September 5, 2017
Then keep your eyes open bitch
— Cher (@cher) September 5, 2017
22. Kristen Bell sang songs from Frozen for Hurricane Irma evacuees.
23. This child had a knife:
24. NBC News reporter Kerry Sanders helped rescue a beached dolphin after Hurricane Irma.
25. A principled teen returned a wallet containing $1,500 in cash.
26. Cardi B made music history with her hit “Bodak Yellow.”
27. A hedgehog went camping:
28. Armie Hammer danced.
29. Larry David’s Curb Your Enthusiasm came back to HBO after 6 years off the air.
30. The runaway Brooklyn bull who escaped from a slaughterhouse was sent to live in an animal sanctuary.
31. NASA revealed the cosmic origins of gold.
32. The New York Public Library announced that it will let kids and teens off the hook for late fees.
33. A California mom dreamed up Halloween costumes that highlight her daughter’s arm amputation.
34. The Tompkins Square Halloween Dog Parade in NYC was delightful as always.
35. On his last day of work, a Twitter employee deactivated Donald Trump’s account.
36. A 76-year-old deadlifted 200 pounds.
37. Scientists managed to teach sheep to recognize Jake Gyllenhaal’s face.
38. Diana Ross lost her fanny pack at Marshall’s, but don’t worry: someone returned it.
39. Meghan Markle became a (future) royal.
40. Applebees offered everyone long island iced teas for ONE DOLLAR.
41. A party broke out in a New York City subway station:
42. Roy Moore lost.
43. A robot wrote us a new Harry Potter chapter.
44. An entire town on Long Island banded together to save a cat stuck in a tree.
45. Justin Bieber learned to dance.
46. Barack Obama played Santa for a group of adorable kids.
47. A group of astronauts made pizza in space:
48. Speaking of pizza, the Pope celebrated his birthday with an extremely long pie.
49. Bill Gates sent a Redditor an extremely cute 300-pound Pusheen pillow.
50. And finally, just for you, we figured out how to cheat at HQ.